Lifetime Tutorial




You will need:

2 tubes from the same artist. I used 2 from Henri Peters.
Any 2 tubes will do though.
My Mask which you find in my supplies
HERE
Font
Filters Unlimited 2.0


Open up my Mask - minimise for now.
Have your 2 tubes open on your work space
New 700x700 white canvas



New raster layer - flood fill with a colour from your tubes.
New Mask Layer-From Image with these settings



Merge Group.
Effects-Plugin Filters-FiltersUnlimited2.0 - Paper Textures-
Japanese Paper with the default setting.

Copy & paste one of your tubes as a new layer. Now I feathered the bottom of mine.
I used the Frehand Selection Tool & drew around the bottom of the tube



went to Selections-Modify-Feather- with these settings



Then hit delete a few times till you are happy with the feathering. Selections-None. Give a nice
subtle drop shadow

Make your Mask layer active - copy & paste your 2nd tube as a new layer. Do the same as 1st tube
with the Freehand Selection tool & feather the bottom part of the tube.
Still have the 2nd tube layer active, right click, go to Layer Properties-General,
set the Opacity to 50.



Then go to Blend Mode - set it Luminance (Legacy). Give a nice suble drop shadow

Cross out the eyes on your bottom layer (white) Merge Visible all other layers.
If you wish to use the WordArt I have in my supplies, a new raster layer & place it
wherever it suits.

Add your name & correct copyright. Crop Tool - crop to remove excess white background.
You may need to resize - I resized mine 80% Bicubic-all layers checked.
Save as a *Png


This tutorial was written by ©Kate on 4th April 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confectioners Sugar

My First Blog Award - Wahoooooo

Blasted Grid Tutorial